Thursday, November 19, 2009

Us. (according to me)

A cigarette to keep you close to my heart
A cigarette to keep you off my mind
A cigarette in moments of peaceful solitude
A cigarette during times of the tumultuous grind

A cigarette of a song
A cigarette with a breeze
A whiff of cigarette smoke
to bring a beautiful moment to freeze

A breath on your lips
transferred to mine
Our crazy trippy bike trips
that feel so wrong and divine

Your hands, my hair
Don't mind the disapproving stares
Nights that arrive before day ends
Days spent huddled up in bed

A thoughtful scribble, an inaccurate sketch
And on a tiny restaurant tissue these memories you etch
Smiles and winks stolen in between
Distant, wistful cattle farm dreams

But as fleeting and unreal as it seems
I love you. In this moment.
As in the last. And in the next.
All the more.
:)

[*Pardon the mixed up rhyme scheme.
And the abrupt, silly ending!]

No comments: